At the recent #VirtualHousingFestival, we ran a Twitter poll asking #ukhousing comms teams for their help. We wanted help choosing what topics would be most useful for #housingcomms people in our new online See Media Masterclass series.
The results are in and there was a clear winner: stakeholder engagement. This was followed by crisis comms and podcasts.
Since then we have been getting our thinking caps on and today, we are delighted to announce the dates for our FREE See Media Masterclass series. Sign-up by clicking the links:
- Thursday 19/11/20 12-1pm: Stakeholder engagement with Lydia Stockdale and Sarah Thomas of See Media and Fiona Woolston of Copper Consultancy – in partnership with the CIPR. Register here
- Tuesday 8/12/20 11am-12pm: Crisis communications with Sarah Thomas and Stuart Macdonald – sign up
- Thursday 21/1/21 11am-12pm: Podcasting with Sara-Anne Mills-Bricknell and Stuart Macdonald – sign up
Other upcoming events involving See Media
- Stuart Macdonald presents on ‘Using data to shape your success stories’ as part of HouseMark’s ’10 Days of Data’ webinar series; Wednesday 7/10/20 2-3.30pm
- Sara-Anne Mills-Bricknell discusses social media with CrowdControlHQ, November (date and time TBC)
Q: How will the masterclasses work?
A: Each session will be presented slightly differently, but in a similar format to a webinar. We also plan to share the results of exclusive sector research at each masterclass, providing insight into the experiences of #housingcomms. Here’s some more information on each:
- Stakeholder engagement – newsletters, CEO personal emails, social media and more – Lydia, Sarah and Fiona help you navigate the most effective approaches in connecting with the key people for your organisation
- Crisis communications – done well, some of the best work you do here goes unseen – but how can you ensure you are well-prepared to protect your organisation’s reputation? Sarah and Stuart are your safe pairs of hands
- Podcasting – learn how to the make the most of the new kid on the communications block in getting your message across in beautiful bitesize chunks. Sara-Anne, chair of the CIPR podcast committee, and Stuart will talk you through it
Q: Why should I attend?
A: If you work in #housingcomms then these free, online sessions have been voted for by you or your peers! Attendees will:
- Hear exclusive sector research on each topic
- Receive insights from our resident See Media expert on stakeholder engagement, crisis comms or podcasting
- Engage with #housingcomms colleagues from other #ukhousing organisations around the country and share experiences
Q: Can I ask questions?
A: Yes – that is the whole idea! After the initial See Media topic and research presentation, attendees will be encouraged to ask questions. These will be used to shape the next stage of the session, where specific issues relevant to the topic are unpacked in more detail.
Q: How can I be sure I will learn something new?
A: While we can’t make any promises on that, we will ensure that each attendee receives the slides, a webinar recording and a note of the key learning points to share with colleagues after the event. Also, all contributions will be welcome during the session. So, if you feel you have insights to share that will benefit your #housingcomms colleagues please do so!
Q: What platform will you use for each masterclass?
A: Each See Media Masterclass will be hosted on GoToWebinar. A recording of each session will be sent to attendees afterwards and we will publish the recording on our website for those unable to attend. As a reminder, the three See Media Masterclass sessions are:
To keep up-to-date with the latest information and insights from See Media, please sign-up for our newsletter.
Stuart Macdonald is Managing Director at See Media