Media and Press Management
See Media have and will continue to be instrumental in ensuring Fortem are recognised in the housing sector. We are leveraging their depth of knowledge and experience to ensure that Fortem’s offer is unique and our reputation is industry-leading. We have gained many benefits from our partnership with See Media including multiple national award wins, and look forward to what we achieve together in the future.Communications & Events Manager at Fortem
Fortem became a See Media client in early 2018. The organisation provides planned and reactive maintenance, capital investment, refurbishment, reconfiguration and high-quality new build programmes to social landlords across the UK.
Up until two years ago, Fortem was part of Willmott Dixon Partnerships – it needed See Media’s help to continue raising its independent profile within the housing sector. We were tasked with securing opportunities for Fortem to shout about the way it improves lives and communities.
Throughout 2018, one of our primary areas of work was writing powerful award entries, ensuring Fortem stood the best possible chance of being shortlisted for carefully selected industry accolades. This would provide opportunities for face-to-face networking, increased visibility within the housing sector, and recognition for individual team members’ achievements.
- Fortem named ‘Employer of the Year’ at the Women in Housing Awards with gas engineer, Ellie King, also scooping ‘Young Achiever of the Year’
- The submission we wrote on behalf of Fortem and Birmingham City Council led to tenant Joan Goodwin winning ‘Tenant lifetime contribution’ at the Housing Heroes Awards
- Management trainee Casey Turner won ‘Young Trainee of the Year’ at the Celebrating Construction in South Yorkshire Awards, and Fortem was shortlisted for the ‘Social Value’ and ‘Training’ awards
- At the Inspire Awards, Fortem won ‘Most Inspiring Apprenticeship Programme’
- It was shortlisted for the ‘Excellence in Social Responsibility’ and ‘Apprentice Employer of the Year’ awards at the Investors in People Awards
- It was a finalist for three CN Talent Awards, for ‘Apprenticeship Initiative of the Year’, ‘Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year’ and ‘Graduate Initiative of the Year’
- At the 24housing Awards, it was shortlisted for ‘Best Apprenticeship Scheme’ and ‘Best Innovation’; See Media also put together Fortem’s entry on behalf of Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council tenant Winnie Billups, finalist in the ‘Tenant Champion’ category
- Also with RMBC, Fortem was shortlisted for ‘Partnering Scheme of the Year’ at the Northern Housing Awards